Skirts in Progress
I hope you had a much more productive weekend than I did…
On Saturday evening my sewing machine starting making a funny squeaking noise, then after a while it started laboring… :( I had to stop sewing altogether since I didn’t want to end up damaging my machine by pushing it when it’s not feeling well.
So off to the repair shop it went today. Truthfully, I really lucked out since I didn’t think my repair shop was even open on Sundays. Which means that I’m hoping to be able to pick it up later this week, if all goes well.
Sadly, all I have to share from my weekend is a progress shot of three skirts.
I’ve been getting a good rhythm down with my sewing projects; during the weekends I’ve been trying to work on my muslins and various fitting issues so that during the week (in the evenings) I can just sew knowing I don’t have any alterations to do. It’s been working out great so far but it also means I have several projects going at the same time, all at different sewing phases.
After dropped off my machine, I switched over to knitting and started up my first fall knit: the Vashon sweater by Berroco:
The yarn this pattern calls for is a chunky-gauge (thicker than worsted weight) and I’m using a size 10.5 needle, both of which I’m not used to anymore. It feels quite strange knitting with so large of needles, but I’m slowly getting the feel for it again.
While I don’t mind focusing on my knitting, I really want to be able to get back to my sewing machine and continue to push ahead on my fall sewing projects. Please wish my machine a speedy recovery. :)