Fashion Faux Pas

I haven’t been doing anything but lounging the last 2 evenings, so today’s post is a quick one.

I’m not certain how it happened, but as I was walking to the train to go to work I noticed I had done something silly…

I’m VERY matchy-matchy!  I’ve been wearing my minoru jacket for the past 2 weeks, so I didn’t even stop to think about coordinating my jacket with the rest of my outfit.

I used the remnants of my Minoru Jacket to sew up my Jenny Pinafore, and never thought twice that this faux pas would ever happen.   To some, I’m sure I look wonderful and coordinate ever so well.  But for me, this is a no-no.  I like to match like the rest of the population, but I look like Unibody-Liz.  heh

I had Felix snap a picture of me en-route to work to have proof of my outfit-misconduct.  :)

What’s the craziest thing you’ve guys ever done, fashion-wise, without realizing till it was too late?

In: Miscellaneous Sewing

1. Ginger April 4, 2012 — 1:06 PM

I get up for work much earlier than my husband does, so I’m often dressed and gone before he wakes up. We’ve had a couple of occasions when we’ve dressed separately in the morning and met up later without realizing that we were wearing basically identical outfits… cringe…

2. Trice April 4, 2012 — 2:10 PM

Usually it’s me wearing something backwards or inside out.

1. Liz April 5, 2012 — 10:29 AM

heh I’ve caught my coworkers (one in particular) with inside out clothes before. :)

3. Meg April 4, 2012 — 3:17 PM

HA! Love it! I’ve done that before, and what’s more is that sometimes Rob and I dress the same and I don’t notice until we go outside. Ah, matchy matchy :) I feel like there needs to a tumblr just for that!

1. Liz April 5, 2012 — 10:31 AM

That is funny… I’ve caught Felix wearing clothes with mega holes in them before. The best was when he came home from work in a shirt that had a hole in the sleeve from his forearm all the way past his elbow! I couldn’t stop laughing at the time; he had no idea yet it was sooo obvious!

4. I sometimes forget to change my shoes in the morning after I walk my dogs. I feel like an idiot by the time I get to the Blue Line, which, coincidentally, seems to be the same train you take to work.

1. Liz April 5, 2012 — 10:28 AM

Hey fellow blue-liner! Shoes are tooo bad, since I do see a lot of women commuting in comfy walking shoes. But I keep a spare pair of shoes in my office just in case. How ’bout you?

1. Nicole April 7, 2012 — 3:32 PM

I used to be one of those who said i would never wear comfy shoes just to walk to work, however, living for 2 years in Russia completely changed my tune. By the end my entire work shoe collection was at work- and i would travel to and from in boots. The boots by the end of this winter (yesterday) got trashed and thrown out.

5. Half way to the library to return some books, suffering from a head cold, I realized I was wearing a Hawaiian print skirt, neon orange tights and some navy blue and grey spectators. With some crazy bed head. Not my best look.