Phineas Settling In

For those of you that follow me on Instagram, Vine, or Twitter this will be a repeat post for you.  But who could get tired of more bunny videos and pics, even if they are repeats?!

By the way… I’m on Vine, Instagram & Twitter.  Follow me if you like.

Phineas is settling into our household beautifully – the three ‘gents lounging around:

Phineas has a penchant for digging and occasionally nipping my knee and couch.  But every bun has his quirks.  We’re trying to curb this bad behavior with a tried & true method of ‘water squirts’ from my water bottle.

He and Quincy bonded after 3 days – which is a record!  Quincy was desperate for more bunny lovin’ after poor Baxter passed away.  I’m so happy that Quincy is just as happy & frisky as he can be with his new bro, Phineas.

What’s even more wonderful is that Quincy has been showing me even more affection since we’ve adopted Phineas.  It makes my day when Quincy hops over to me asking for some head scritches!  (Phineas hops to me for pets regularly as did Baxter… Quincy just assumes you’ll always go to him instead of the other way around.)

Phineas is a young, 1.5 year old bun and is as frisky and curious as can be.  He’s the adventure bun of the house.  He’s always scaling the back of the couch – running at full speed – hopping into my garbage can – you name it.

Phineas even plays with toys.  Playing with toys for buns means throwing an item down on the ground, picking it up and throwing it down again.  It’s quite entertaining to watch. My mom recently gave us a large Brussels sprout stalk (and leaves) to take home to the buns.  They’ve been enjoying it more than words can say.

I’ve had to set a timer, to how long they can munch for, since Quincy would gorge himself to the point of uncomfortable.  (5 minutes is the max)

Not too shabby of a video from my iphone, no?!

And lastly, this is Phineas taking a nap.

It always freaks Felix out to see Phineas laying like this – he always thinks the worst.  But I snagged this photo while he (Phineas) was sleeping through a horribly loud thunderstorm a few weeks back – he’s totally a domesticated bun!  heh

Hope you love the bunny update!  Videos are the best and really show how spunky this little guy can be.  Hope to nab some more in the future for you all.  Cheers!

In: Bunny

1. Gail October 15, 2013 — 8:25 AM

Adorable! I especially love the brussels sprout stalk – such a treat for bunnies!

2. Oh my gosh they are SO CUTE!!!! I could watch them all day long. I’m happy to hear they’re bonding so well. They certainly look to be the best of friends :)

3. Melizza October 15, 2013 — 10:10 AM

They are adorable. I’ve been loving your bun tales. I had a white bunny when I was younger named Cottonball (original, eh?) and remember him fondly.

4. Phineas looks like a cat in the last photo. I’ve never seen a bunny lay on the ground like that. How adorable!

5. Amanda in France October 15, 2013 — 10:44 AM

I love how he jumps the rugs like they are stepping stones! And those cuddly pictures are just precious. You really lucked out!

6. Elizabeth October 15, 2013 — 12:20 PM

Oh, yay, bunny update! These are adorable, I could watch the gif of Phineas running all day! So glad everyone is settling in happily!

7. Debbie October 15, 2013 — 12:54 PM

They are both so cute! Thanks for sharing the videos :)

8. Jacqui October 15, 2013 — 2:20 PM

love the videos!! They warm my heart.

9. Tasha October 15, 2013 — 2:31 PM

Oh gosh are they ever cute!!! I love the little video of Phineas running towards the camera. What adorable little buns!

10. Sarah October 15, 2013 — 10:33 PM

Bunnniiieeeesssss!!! I love Bun Updates!! Your babies are so cute!!!

11. Those two boys are fabulous! And it’s so funny to see him jumping over the mats!

12. Rachel October 16, 2013 — 10:32 PM

They are so cute! Love Phin’s sleeping position. He does it deliberately to scare Felix you know ;)

13. Liz October 17, 2013 — 12:08 AM

So, so, cute!! I am loving your little videos and posts regarding your furry friends. Since we can’t have them where I live, I will just have to live vicariously!!

14. Amanda October 17, 2013 — 5:05 AM

Too precious for words!

15. Ginger October 18, 2013 — 1:18 PM

These two… they are SO CUTE! I can’t even take it! Absolutely adorable. They make me miss the bunnies I had as a kid (although they were outside bunnies, so we did more playing in the yard than snuggling). I want one now!